Monday, February 24, 2014

Awaiting buttons and work in progress

                         


It's almost, almost done! Done with the knitting, the weaving in of ends, blocking. It just needs its buttons and hey! There we go! I'm thinking something mother-of-pearl, something slightly understated but that will still catch the eye with a little glimmer.




I'm so pleased with the way the smocked pattern turned out. The pattern is Pretty (me) by Nadia Crétin-Léchenne from the collection Emmitouflage(s). I think it should fit rather well (I swatched and swatched and the dimensions seem right) but I'm waiting to sew on the buttons so I can wear it for the first time to be sure!

--------------------------


Since I finished all I could do excepting buttons on my cardi yesterday, my hands were absolutely itching to start a new project. I knew a couple of things. First of all, I wanted to make another hat for my teenage brother. The one I made him for the holidays hardly leaves his head, so I thought another might be quite welcome. Secondly, I wanted to use some leftover yarn which led me to pick Stephen West's pattern, Starry-eyed Slouch. I'm liking the way this is turning out so far and I am so glad to finally put these odds and ends of yarn into something wearable!





No comments:

Post a Comment